Saturday, November 15, 2008
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?b. 70
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
Friday, November 7, 2008
#1 What are the three important things in Chapter 13 Harry needs to remember.
Tom Riddle was a loner and had no friends. He collected "trophies" and hated what made him ordinary.
#2 What did Merope sell when she was alone in London before the baby was born.
Salazar Slytherin's Locket
#3 What does Mrs Cole like to drink?
#4 What does Tom Riddle demand Professor Dumbledor do twice when they first met?
Tell the truth
#5 What did Mundungus nick from the Black house?
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Just so much to catch up on, hehe. I'll post pics as soon as I'm finished and I did receive my prize, pics and details tomorrow. It's very late so I'm off to bed.
a. The Gryffindor Common Room
b. The library
c. The hallway by the painted fruit
d. The Quidditch Field
Severus Snape made an unbreakable vow to whom?
a. Peter Pettigrew
b. Narcissa Malfoy
c. Harry Potter
d. Lily Potter
Why is Hagrid upset with Ron, Harry and Hermione?
a. They do not visit him anymore
b. They got in trouble with Umbridge
c. They did not take his class in their 6th year
d. They did not help bury Aragog
Who is the Half-Blood Prince?
a. Lucious Malfoy
b. Severus Snape
c. Tom Riddle
d. The Pepmobismal Queen Umbridge
At what age are you legally allowed to Apparate?
How long does it take to brew a batch of Felix Felicis?
a. One week
b. 3 months
c. 6 months
d. 1 year
What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?
a. You get detention with Umbridge
b. Your toenails turn green and fall off
c. You die
d. You never are allowed to eat chocolate again
Which one of your roommates snores the loudest?
I don't know, once my head hits that pillow I'm out,hehe.
Which Hogwart’s student is secretly dating the new DADA Professor Lucius Whitmarsh?Wisteria Lovegood
Describe your favorite item found in Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes!
That would have to be the Wildfire Whiz Bangs, now who doesn't love fireworks ;-)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
c. Pumpkin Juice
d. Elf-Made Wine
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
a. Gwenog Smith
b. Gwenog Jones
c. Glen Jones
d. Glen Smith
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
a. Cockroach Clusters
b. Sherbet Lemon
c. Acid Pops
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
b. Blast Ended Skrewt
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
c. Royal Blue
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
a. 9 Galleons
b. 18 Galleons
c. 16 Galleons
d. 12 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Monday, October 6, 2008
PLEASE EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE OF CHAPTER 10.
Chapter 10, The House of Gaunt starts off with Harry's successful week in Slughorn's Potions class thanks to the book he was using that once belonged to the "Half Blood Prince."
Harry also started his private lessons with Dumbledore which entails going back in time through memories of others in the Pensieve to discover as much about Voldemort as they can and why he tried to kill Harry when he was a year old.
The first memory was that of Bob Ogden, a member of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and his run in with the Gaunt family many years ago. Harry finds out the Gaunt family was the last living descendants of Salazar Slytherin and gets his first look at two of the items that will be used as "hocruxes". The Slytherin locket that is worn by Merope, Voldemort's Mother and the Peverell ring worn by Mr. Gaunt, Voldemort's Grandfather...the one Dumbledore has in his office. Tom Riddle Sr., Voldemort's Father, is also seen in this memory and Harry finds out how the relationship between Tom and Merope came about.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Are you a sock knitter? Yes
What are your foot measurements? US 9 shoe, 9 3/4 inch length
Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? Yes to both
Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? All over, lol
Do you collect anything? Yarn and Sheep
What is your favorite type of music? Metal/Rock (Bullet for my Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Five Finger Death Punch, The Killers, Hinder etc,etc, and some dance
Are you MP3 ready? Yeppers
Do you like sweets? Love them
What are your favorites? Milk Chocolate, swedish berries and gummy worms
What is your living situation like? married
Any pets? yes, 2 daxies and 1 chinchilla
Children? 3 boys, ages 18, 7 and 6
Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your http://www.theloopyewe.com/wishlist/show/19892/?token=dc7c71022b65
swap pal. Favorite Harry Potter movie character? Fred and George Weasley
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
a. Hestia Jones
b. Elphais Doge
c. Emmeline Vance
d. Dedalus Diggle
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
d. 11 a.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
b. A bed
c. A table
d. A wardrobe
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
b. P – Poor
c. O – Outstanding
d. A – Acceptable
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
a. A hen
b. A duck
c. A lion
d. A squirrel
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
a. nitwit, odder, blubber rand tweak
b. nitwit, odder, bubblegum and tweak
c. nitwit, oddment, bubblegum and tweak
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
a. Helana Prince
b. Eileen Prince
c. Lily Prince
d. Elizabeth Prine
Post pictures to your blogs or link to the pictures from your blog post.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Well, it is "Picture Day" for us Slytherins. Here I am, no meez cause heck if I could find it in any of my files, lol.
Here's is my Dueling Club progress. One sock down and the second one started using my own hand dyed sport weight in the Dumbledore 1st year colorway. Look out Penelope of Gryffindor, I think us Slytherins may be having bbq'd lion for supper this week ;) I'm going to get these babies in the mail first thing in the morning and she should have them in her hot little hands by Friday at the latest. Not sure of her progress but hopefully I'm ahead, hehe.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Your result for The Harry Potter Husband Test...
Mrs. Weasley Twin
Your perfect HP man is Fred and/or George Weasley.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
How long have you been at your craft? 20+ years
Do you spin? yes I do
What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)? wheel
Are there any other crafts that you participate in? I dye yarns and quilt but not for a long time now.
What are your favorite yarns/fibers? wool, wool blends, silk and alpaca
What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? fun fur, acrylics
Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? cashmere, I've been dyeing to try Manos, debbie bliss etc..I'm thinking scarves, mitts, lol
What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? socks, scarves and mitts
What are you currently working on? socks, socks, more socks and a scarf
Anything you plan to start this autumn? my first sweater for moi
What is your favorite Finished Object? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)my first pair of socks I designed using 2 different colors.
Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Rav ID: orianna
I am allergic to: cats and smoke
Pets that I have: 2 daxies and a chinchilla
My favorite yarn: anything wool or wool blend(silk/alpaca etc)
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors?
My favorite flavor: milk chocolate followed by coke classic
My favorite holiday: Halloween with Christmas a close second
I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit) I'm game for a sock or scarf kit, surprise me ;)
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: for dpns-love bamboo(Crystal Palace), 6-8 inch length for socks. Circs-addis in a 32 inch length, US 1's or 2's.
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: Knit Picks wood dpns?? or Clover would be nice too.
I've participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?)3rd year
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day?nope
Sunday, September 7, 2008
*jumps for joy* I made it into Slytherin for the HSKS 6 swap. I am so looking forward to this term, with the boys in school and the oldest one working full time i've got a heck of alot more free time during the day.
Last week was a bit hard on me, I had no clue as to what to do, lol. I did watch alot of Tyra Banks and cooking shows which I normally don't do during the day.
This week looks promising..I've just finished a mini update on my etsy store "Faery Fiber" and take a look at my new mini skeins. They are just absolutely adorable, lucky I've got some dyed up for myself, hehe. I've got alot planned this week with dyeing yarn, another update on Friday and I must make some owls. I've been scouring Ravelry for some patterns and found some cute little owl patterns in both crochet and knit. Hmm...wonder what house I'll be knitting for, must start looking for bag patterns too :)
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Thank you Holly for the beautiful socks and goodies. They are absolutely gorgeous and fit wonderfully. She also included a pattern for mittens and the yarn and addis to make them plus a wonderful Slytherin notebook, Go Slytherin! Now that I'm no longer sick and just starting to get back into the blogging world again I'm playing catch up so to speak.
I'm actually going to skein up the yarn today and cast on for my mitts cause I have a bad feeling winter will be coming early this year and I don't want to be caught off guard.
I'm also working on typing up my hogwarts sock pattern for Gryffindor that I had knit up for a previous round. I'll have it up in a week or two. This week is back to school for the boys and they are not excited, lol. Either am I to tell you the truth since this will be my first time being home alone all day. Hubby's working days this week so it's just me and the dogs. Looks like I will be having a big dye fest this week to prepare for the big update on Saturday Sept.6.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
First off, I am sorry I haven't posted the last few weeks. I've been ill and haven't been on the computer much, well not at all in the last week/two. I am just getting over another bout of pneumonia and crap I am so sick of being sick. With that being said, I have some news on the HSKS4 swap.
I would love to send a big Thank You to Selina Starflame for the most wonderful package she sent. I received it on Monday but I wasn't feeling well I didn't open it until today. Check out all the bag, it is absolutely gorgeous, all the hard work she put into this bag I am honored and looking forward to using it. I've already stashed my current sock project inside, hehe. Selina also sent some yummy goodies, an assortment of chocolate bars from Purdy's(one of my absolute favorites), hot tamale and gummy worms(not in pics but they are sooo good, hehe). I also received Slytherin stitchmarkers, bookmark, hair pins(already in use), Lush bath bomb, knit picks wooden dpns which I'm so looking forward to trying out. Also included are stickers, snake tatoo which I can't wait to apply to my leg just to get an idea of what it will look like when I do get my tatoo there ;) and a Harry Potter books on cd and patterns. I was completely spoiled and I am one very happy Slytherin. Thanks again Selina, you rock!
Here's a pic of the bag I sent out my pal, can't wait till he receives his goodies.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
1. When Rita Skeeter prints a bad articles about Hagrid in the Daily Prophet, which Professor teaches Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures class while he is away? c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
What two things could the penknife Sirius gave Harry for Christmas allow it's user to do? undo any knots and unlock any locks
What is the name of the shallow stone basin that contains a substance that looks like light made liquid or wind made solid? Pensieve
What is the most fabulous magic item of them all, that gives unlimited gold or immortality? Philosopher's Stone
What enchanted item transports a person to a preprogrammed location? portkey
What is the thin flexible golden rod used to detect spells of concealment and hidden magical objects? Probity Probe
What is the glass ball the size of a large marble usually filled with, unless the holder has forgotten something, and it turns red? Remembrall
What does a Sneakoscope do when someone untrustworthy is around? emits shrill noises in the presence of deception
Where did Harry buy the two pairs of socks for Dobby, that screamed loudly when they became too smelly and flashed gold and silver stars? Gladrags
What magical item did Ron, Ginny and Hermione use to mend, repair or bind things? spellotape
What Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes item gave Hermione a black eye? a punching telescope
Magical Maintenance at the Ministry of Magic uses them to display spectacular weather effects in the underground levels. enchanted windows
What red smoking item explodes if not opened immediately? Howler
What device displays magical words that provide game commentary in purple letters? Omnioculars
Rita's Skeeters fast writing assistant? Quick Quotes Quill
Which banned joke item was confiscated by Prefect Hermione Granger? Baruffio's Brain Elixir
What is the standard magical means of transportation in Asia and the Middle East? flying carpet
What are the three ways to create an invisibility cloak? 1.spun from pelts of the Demiguise, magical herbivores that are found in the Far East. 2. Disillusionment Charm 3. Bedazzlement Hex
What is the name of the piece of jewelry that bestows wisdom on the wearer? Diadem of Ravenclaw
Floo Powder allows the user to do what two things in the green flames of a fireplace? travel and communicate using fireplaces that are connected to the Floo-Network
What device shows it's owner's enemies? Foe-glass
Name three games played with magical or charmed objects. Quidditch,Exploding Snap andWizard's chess
Which magical object gives light only to its user? Hand of Glory
What are the two things Dumbledore says the Mirror of Erised does not give? neither knowledge or truth
What object does Fawkes first deliver to Harry in the Chamber of Secrets? the sorting hat with the sword of Gryffindor inside
Saturday, March 8, 2008
On the home front, the boys are pretty much over their infections and went to school all week and are almost done their medication. It was nice, a few hours of quiet, hehe. Today is my Hubby's 39th birthday, wow, almost the big 40. My birthday is next week and my HSKS 3 pal Selina sent me a gift certificate to Elann. I was on their website for a few hours last night trying to decide what to buy. I'm thinking yarn for a sweater or tank since I've never made one for myself before. Since November I've lost 35lbs and I think I'm due for a sweater or even tank :) I've got more weight to lose but man does it feel good to have that weight gone and I've got a waist, rofl.
Well, time to get hubby's birthday stuff going, have a few things to pick up for supper tonight.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
On the knitting front, I've casted on to my Hogwarts Sock pal's socks and I'm loving it. I'll post pics once I get more of the sock completed. I'm also thinking of a sock pattern to write up honoring the Slytherin House :)
Well, time to get back to the boys, they are sick this week. Not looking good for me either :(
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
c. single-malt whiskey
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
On the knitting front, nothing to report. With all the free time I had I managed to make one hat for my little guys stuffed monkey, lol. Kids had fun and didn't want to head back to school today :(
Since Family Day isn't a Federal Holiday here in Canada I still got mail and woot, I received a super sweet package I've been waiting for for my HSKS4 and Hogwarts Sock Kit pals. Hehe, I can't wait to get these babies mailed out :)
Time to pick up my little guy from school.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
2. How long does it take to brew Polyjuice Potion? approx. 1 month
3. In the Chamber of Secrets Professor Sprout welcomes her Herbology students to which greenhouse? Green house 3
4. What is Harry's number on the Quidditch team? 7
5. Who is the oldest actor to play a Hogwarts student in The Chamber of Secrets?Christian Coulson, born 1978 played Tom Riddle when he was a student at Hogwarts
6. On what day do Harry Potter and the Dursleys arrive at the hut on the rock, on the island in the sea (SS)? July 30, 1991
7. How many times has Gilderoy Lockhart won Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award? Five
8. How many years does Sirius black spend in Azkaban? 12 years
9. How many Famous Wizard cards does Ron tell Harry he has in his collection on the Hogwart's Express? about 500, he is missing Ptolemy and Agrippa
10. What number is Dumbledore's vault at Gringott's? 713
11. How long has Scabbers been in the Weasley family when he becomes Ron's? 11
12. What number is Harry Potter's vault at Gringott's? 687
13. What is written where the number 12 should be on Molly Weasley's clock (COS film)? prison
14. How many presents does Dudley receive on his birthday (SS book)? 37 and 2 at the zoo
15. What is the license plate registration number on Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia car (COS film)? 7990TD
16. How many points are scored for a goal in Quidditch? 10
17. What is the exact time the Hogwart's Express leaves King's Cross station? 11 o'clock
18. How many players are there on a Quidditch team? 7
19. How far back in time does Tom Riddle's diary take Harry?
20. How many flavors of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans did Harry eat on the Hogwart's Express (SS book)? 9
21. According to the Chocolate Frog Card how old are Nicolas Flamel and his wife Perenelle Flamel? Nicolas-665 years and Perenelle-658 years
22. What is the number on the front of the Hogwart's Express train? 5972
23. How many eyes does Fluffy have? 6
24. What was Harry's room number at the Leaky Cauldron? 11
25. How many points did Slytherin have when Dumbledore announced the scores for the House Cup in the Sorcerer's Stone? 472
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Just wanted to flash a pic of the character based(Cho Chang) yarn I picked up for my pal. I loved it so much I had to get a matching skein even tho I'm not a Ravenclaw. Isn't it pretty :)
I went on a field trip to the Muggle Hospital on Tuesday with my little guy and ended up with a muggle sickness, laryngitis. Couldn't believe it, so I made a trip to Madame Pomphrey and hopefully her elixir will have me well in no time. So, to keep me occupied today I've decided to cast on a pair of mittens for one of my little guys. Right now we are a bit warm but things are supposed to change on the weekend, ugghh.
Time to get some knitting done before picking up the little ones for lunch.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Harry Potter|
You can be a little reckless and hot-headed at times, but a more brave and courageous friend would be hard to find.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Time to make supper for the Black crew.
|Wood type: ebony|
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Gryffon Feather
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Mr. Ollivander, Mad-Eye Moody, Cedric, World Cup Tournament, Dark Mark
1. What was Harry dreaming about the first time he woke up with his scar on fire?
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?a. It vanishes after a few
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
c. Malfoy attached Harry when Harry's back was turned
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff?(Answer is One Word, Last Name Only)
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemort
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts?Answer: (One Word)
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
Sunday, January 27, 2008
So, here I am and my bag is half done, yarn is bought in a gorgeous custom colorway for my pal. I'm hoping she likes it, it is based on a character from the book :) For my bag I'm using the Patons Soy Wool and it is knitting up so well. I'll post pics in a bit, right now blogger is being a little finicky.
I've also joined another swap, hehe. The Hogwarts sock swap 3 is up and since I had enjoyed the previous 2 rounds I've signed up again. I'm thinking of designing my own sock pattern for this one :)
Power hungry Slytherin
loved those of great ambition.
- sorting hat in Goblet of Fire in his song
In Slytherin you'll makeyour real friends,
Those cunning folk use any
To achieve their ends.
-sorting hat in Philosophers Stone in his song
There is no good and evil,
there is only power and
those too weak to seek it.
Professor Quirrel to Harry in Philosophers Stone
Thursday, January 10, 2008
I'm in the progress of picking the bag pattern or maybe designing one. Decisions, decisions.... I think I will include one of my sock designs for her package. I also have needle shopping, bead shopping for the stitchmarkers and the ever so fun, yarn shopping ;) I'll be checking the sellers on Diagon Alley over the next few weeks scouring the shops for the perfect yarn.
As for myself, I am going to start rereading the HP books and probably watch the 5th movie again, hehe. Maybe I'll even get my socks I casted on a few weeks ago finished. I'm using Colinette Jitterbug in Lagoon, just a basic sock pattern.
Time to feed the Black clan.